Senior DevOps Engineer
Seattle, WA -or- San Francisco, CA /
Engineering/Product – DevOps /
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is an integral part of the Engineering team. You will be responsible for keeping our services up and running, as well as building out our server infrastructure to support future services and platform technologies. Our engineers participate in all aspects of running our platform at scale and have a healthy degree of impatience with manual processes and a passion for best of breed automation tools. You will be empowered to determine and implement the best solutions.
See details about Peek’s tech stack here.
Please note: This role requires existing U.S. work authorization. Peek is not sponsoring new visas at this time.
- Own all aspects of 24/7 production data-center operations
- Deploy and administer high profile web applications and underlying services
- Lead technology initiatives including the use of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE) that drive scalability and reliability
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Improve the performance of our web applications and solve scaling issues
- Create robust automated solutions for the production environment
- Configure monitoring, tune system performance, and work closely with engineering teams
- Use, test, update, and create documentation for production services
- Significant experience with large-scale, high-availability, asynchronous, distributed systems; experience deploying & managing service-oriented architectures a plus
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Linux scripting and automation (Bash, Python, or similar)
- Must have 2+ years of advanced experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform management. This includes but is not limited to Route53, IAM security, VPC, Security Groups, EC2, ELB, S3, RDS and Elasticache.
- Experience with monitoring/reporting technologies (e.g. Sensu, Grafana, NewRelic, CloudWatch). Strong plus for experience with the ELK (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana) stack.
- Expert with systems management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack. Plus for experience with Terraform.
- Deep knowledge of networking (routers/switches, load balancing, DNS, VPN, etc)
- Experience with wide range of relevant technologies and distributed data stores including Ruby, Node, MongoDB and Postgres.
- Experience with source control and build systems (Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Experience using NGINX for routing of web traffic
- You're passionate about high availability systems, and enjoy being on the front-line for critical server-side issues
- You love working on small teams with a lot of responsibility, wearing several different hats, and successfully completing multiple projects at the same time
- You're dependable, reliable, and able to tackle complex issues with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- You love researching and utilizing the best tools and technology so that you’re building for the future and not just the present
- It’s all about (internal) customer service and their satisfaction
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company matching
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit program
- Apple equipment
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (every other week)
- Breakfast on Tuesdays
- Snacks and beverages
- Weekly catered Peeknic lunch with speakers (e.g. Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Pete Flint of Trulia, SF District Attorney George Gascón)
- Happy hours and quarterly team outings
- Partner Days (visit our favorite operators in San Francisco)
- Company retreats (e.g. Lake Tahoe, San Luis Obispo, Utah)
- Monthly Peek.com credits
Peek makes the world's tours & activities easily bookable — anytime, anywhere. Our industry-leading SaaS technology, Peek Professional, empowers operators to better manage and grow their businesses. Peek.com connects people with everyday adventures that create lasting memories. Peek’s rapid growth has made it the largest independent B2B activities booking platform in the world.
Peek has raised over $50m from top technology and travel investors such as Eric Schmidt, Jack Dorsey, Pete Flint, Paul English, the Pritzker family and Cathay Innovation. The company has over 160+ employees worldwide, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Chile, New York and Seattle. CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities,” it won the Tribeca “Disruptive Innovation Award” alongside Airbnb and the New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again.”