Fraud & Compliance Associate
Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Treasury /
Peek is a 5-star reviewed leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (think hot air balloon rides, ziplining and cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform.
We have won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs and Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
About the Department
Peek's treasury operations team takes pride in monitoring the partner payable needs for the fast pace of a startup business thriving as a mature B2B SaaS software development business. As a small and intimate team, we work closely together to support each other through daily team syncs and by cross training daily responsibilities.
About the Role
We are looking for a member to join our team who is an experienced operational and risk management leader, who can dive into execution and oversight issues when they arise and create an action plan to resolve. Fraud Compliance associate will work directly with a Treasury Operations Manager to meet the requirements of the Fraud Management Program. This includes minimizing the bank’s exposure to loss from fraudulent activity.
These duties include assuming responsibility for monitoring and reviewing fraudulent items on customer accounts or items received by the bank. The Fraud & Compliance Associate provides assistance to management in order to maintain a regulatory compliant culture while assisting in fraud prevention and merchant disputes.
- Assists in daily monitoring of bank fraud detection systems
- Partners with team to analyze data, determine trends, and develop fraud schemes
- Responsible for processing and reconciling vendor and customer disputes, posting chargeback credit card charges, maintaining documentation of chargebacks, and updating revenue reports when necessary
- Provides assistance, supports and responds to questions and information needed regarding fraudulent activity and disputed chargebacks
- Responds to and investigates all reports of fraudulent activity from both subscribers and consumers
- Detect potential or actual fraudulent transactions through analysis of large volumes of transactional data.
- Must be able to read to understand documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or regulation & compliance documents, and abide by state and federal regulations
- Respond in writing to customer complaints, regulatory agencies or to our partners (customers) in a clear and concise way
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise independent judgment and analysis
- Preferably a proven ability to work remotely and autonomously with little supervision
- Must have good time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid project management skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, handle multiple tasks, consistently meet established deadlines, and deliver exceptional result
Nice to Haves
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google Suite
- Experience in risk management disciplines
- Knowledge of payments industry and digital transaction compliance Standards
- Previous experience working with Merchant disputes and/or customer support, preferably 1-2 years
- A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business.