Sales – SMB /
Peek is building Shopify for local experiences (e.g. boat rentals, ziplining, cooking classes). Peek combines powerful software tools to help activities providers grow their businesses (Peek Pro) with thePeek.com marketplace for consumers. Peek has had over $1 billion in bookings through the platform and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has helped thousands of small businesses to grow their revenue by over 30%, and has won several awards for innovation. They include being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey.
Our mission is connecting the world through experiences and we’re excited to be growing our team!
We are looking for self-motivated sales people to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to help Peek continue our expansion throughout the US. You will be joining the team at the ground level. This is a dynamic and high career growth opportunity.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for bringing new activity operators onto Peek’s network through a consultative sales approach. Account Executive’s are responsible for knowing their local markets while maintaining constant communication with the team on how the market is responding to Peek’s growth initiatives. The position is a high-adrenaline and client-facing sales role, requiring deep industry expertise, proven sales ability to close deals and a broad base of local travel industry contacts.
- Target, identify and sell Peek’s products to small to medium activity operators
- Present online and in-person (when safe to do so) demos of Peek products
- Educate operators about unique trends in the industry and provide insight on how they can change with the trends
- Encourage operators to think differently about their business
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for each metro and craft reliable forecasts
- Strategically overcome objections and competition
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition targets
- Listen to what operators want and provide insight to Senior Management
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage your territory, forecast activity and maintain consistent organization
- Anticipate travel depending on the local market
- Track record of achievement in your past roles
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Able to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment
- Professional demeanor
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher-level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Competitive, tenacious and results-driven
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that challenge the way they view their business
- Ability to prioritize
- Capacity to learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Attention to detail with administrative responsibilities
- A real passion to connect the world through experiences
- Hands-on experience with sales techniques is a plus
- We’ll give you an extra look if you have work experience as a Business Development Representative, Account Executive or similar role
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4-year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance
- 401k Matching
- Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO - includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WFH allowance