Mid-Market BDR Team Lead - Remote
Sandy, UT /
Sales – Mid-Market /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
Peek is looking for a talented, strategic & results-driven leader to help manage our inside sales Business Development Representative (BDR) team. As Team Lead, you will help lead a team of 10+ BDRs to exceed monthly and quarterly meeting goals. Our BDR team is the engine that drives the conversations that our sales team has with the largest and most sophisticated tours, activities and rentals operators around the world. You will work directly with senior leaders across the organization to support the BDR team in both being accountable for their team and personal goals, and preparing them to promote to full cycle sales. Outside of daily management duties, your responsibilities will include fostering a strong team culture, maintaining positive morale and participating in our sales recruiting efforts. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Mid-Market Sales, with heavy collaboration with the Director and EVP of Sales. If you love adventure both inside and outside the workplace and developing people is your passion, we want to meet you!
- Lead a team of BDRs to exceed performance goals and expectations
- Coach and mentor BDRs to consistent performance through 1x1 coaching, training, skill development activities, goal setting/performance management, and roll-up-your-sleeves leadership
- Measure, track and adjust performance against defined metrics and pipeline management expectations
- Manage the implementation of BDR go-to-market strategy in collaboration with senior leadership; recommend opportunities to improve sales performance through proven change leadership techniques
- Collaborate with other sales leaders and sales operations to eliminate friction in the early sales cycle through standardization of policies and procedures
- Work closely with Marketing team on specific go-to-market initiatives and campaigns (e.g., industry conferences, regional/vertical campaigns)
- Help maintain a high performing team by developing BDRs through coaching and training programs to retain, grow, and promote
- 2+ years of relevant Sales experience in a high activity, shorter sales cycle environment B2B inside sales / SaaS experience preferred
- You are a strong sales coach and people developer
- You thrive on helping people improve and exceed their goals
- You have refined project management, analytical and communication skills; You know how to coordinate, implement, and execute
- You thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- You have used Salesforce and other sales support tools in a sales environment
- You look for ways to continually improve by researching and implementing new sales tools to aid the workflow of an inside sales force
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4-year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance
- 401k Matching
- Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO - includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WFH allowance
This role is remote contingent upon your time zone being in-line with the greater USA.
Thank you for your interest in Peek!