Accounting & Fraud Associate - Remote
Atlanta, GA /
Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Accounting /
Peek is a 5-star reviewed leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (think hot air balloon rides, ziplining and cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform.
We have won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs andFast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia, and beyond.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
About the Department: Peek's Accounting and Treasury teams take pride in helping to create scalable financial solutions with the utmost accuracy and completeness for a thriving mature startup B2B SaaS software development business. As a small remote team, we work closely together to support each other through regular team syncs and by cross-training responsibilities.
About the Role: We are looking for someone to join our team who is an experienced accountant capable of wearing many hats including, but not limited to A/R, A/P, and chargeback disputes. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a remote environment.
These duties include assuming responsibility for the full cycle chargeback process, presenting accurate and timely fraud metrics, daily and monthly accounting tasks as assigned by the Controller, as well as year-end 1099 tax filings.
- Process and reconcile chargeback disputes, updating internal accounts, maintaining documentation, and updating reports as necessary
- Daily accounting reconciliations, month-end accounting tasks, and ad hoc projects as assigned by the Controller
- Help streamline the month-end close process via automation and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyze fraud trends from multiple data sets to provide findings via weekly metrics communications
- Assists in daily monitoring of bank fraud detection systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and financial skills
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Effective interpersonal and team skills with the ability to thrive in a remote position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to perform transactional work for a large portion of the day
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Solid project management skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver exceptional results
- Strong drive for process improvement with a focus on scalability
- A desire to learn and grow with the company
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Expensify, and Bill.com
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Previous experience working with merchant chargeback disputes
- Knowledge of payments industry and digital transaction compliance standards
Thank you for your interest in Peek!