Director of PR - Remote
Sandy, UT /
Marketing & Business Development – Marketing /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
As our Director of Public Relations you will expand the reach of Peek’s story. Opportunity to work with executive leadership including our CEO that has been named Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business, Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, and Vanity Fair's Next Establishment. Build upon a great foundation of press including coverage in the New York Times, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Vogue, and CBS This Morning. Our ideal candidate is creative, proactive, has an eye for detail, and loves travel experiences.
- Develop a year-long plan of PR initiatives and campaigns to unlock earned media placements in the business, lifestyle, travel/tourism, and tech verticals
- Improve tracking and reporting to help the organization understand effectiveness of PR and influence future initiatives
- Drive visibility of Peek’s leadership team and culture in key business, lifestyle, and tech outlets and publications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and the marketing team to identify proactive media opportunities in response to wider business priorities
- Create insights from Peek’s data to generate compelling narratives
- Work with internal spokespeople to ensure readiness for interviews
- Keep a pulse on trends in the travel, entertainment, tours and activities spaces to identify opportunities for media placement, marketing campaigns, and Peek product development
- BA/BS degree with 5-8 years of experience working in Public Relations or a related function
- A strong storyteller, able to distill content, support with data, and curate appropriate images
- Highly organized, ability to multitask while still paying attention to details and deadlines
- Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners and media contacts
- Ability to work effectively with C-Suite executives
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment required, technology company preferred
- Strong judgement and ability to make decisions
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4-year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance
- 401k Matching
- Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO - includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WFH allowance
This role is remote contingent upon your time zone being in-line with the greater USA.
Thank you for your interest in Peek!