Sales Engineer - Remote
San Francisco, CA /
Sales – Mid-Market /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year. Learn more at www.peek.com/pro!
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
We are looking to hire an amazing Peek Pro Sales Engineer to support our sales team in closing, implementing and optimizing the accounts of some of our largest and most complex tours and activities operators. Using your industry expertise, deep product knowledge and a knack for creative problem solving, your role is to support SMB and mid-market operators with their digital transition onto the Peek Pro platform. Your goal is to help activity operators increase bookings, save time and money, and provide a better customer experience by leveraging Peek Pro. This is a highly dynamic role that spans across Sales, Implementation, Product, and Customer Success. It requires the ability to creatively solve complex problems by mapping product capabilities to operator needs, enabling our clients to leverage Peek Pro for every aspect of their business. The ideal person should have some industry experience, a high aptitude for technology and be passionate about connecting the world through experiences. This position will report directly to our EVP of Sales, with extensive collaboration with our Co-founder/CTO, Chief Product Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
Support the Sales Team
- Help our Sales team reach their full potential by helping prospects and our current operators grow revenue, streamline their operations and provide a world-class customer experience
- Get tactical with our most experienced Sales Reps to remove blockers from closing and/or implementing their most important deals
- Run sales demos and assist with technical conversations re: Peek Pro implementation
- Suggest product and/or partnership opportunities to assist sales team in closing valuable prospects and/or creatively unlocking new verticals
- Help with general implementation support and problem solving
- Support Sales Team in building out tailored demo accounts for prospective partners (e.g., comparing activities vs. rentals, creating sample bookings, emails and waivers, showcasing advanced pricing)
- Manage upkeep of tailored sales demo accounts (e.g., new feature implementation and documentation, data cleanliness)
Serve as a strategic product liaison
- Flag product gaps, identify product solutions and run relevant trainings on said solutions
- Document client pain points and educate the product team on them for future enhancements of Peek Pro
- Stay on top of new product capabilities and releases and help translate those into benefits for the sales team
- Provide insights and recommendations about new industry trends (e.g., competitor offerings, virtual tours), and how they are applicable to Peek Pro and the product roadmap
- Be available to the product team for roadmap and feature feedback discussions
Support marketing and community engagement
- Help organize and run our community engagement efforts with local tour and activity operators
- Stay up-to-date with latest travel tech news by following major relevant publications and tour and activity operator communities and use that information to facilitate best practice sharing
- Moderate select Peek Pro education webinars for clients as well as prospects
- Support the marketing team in continuing to hit the right tone in all client communications
- Advanced familiarity with the Peek Pro platform or competing product(s)
- Prior experience in the tours and activities industry
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to quickly think on your feet
- Very organized with impeccable attention to detail and relentless follow-through
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessary
- Process-oriented, enjoy coordinating work between multiple parties
- A passion for travel!
- Prior Sales Engineer experience is a plus but not required
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Peek!