Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Engineering/Product – QA /
Peek is the leading software platform for tours, activities and rentals (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, ziplining, cooking classes). More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform.
Peek’s engineering team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS business. We have a modern tech stack, built with Elixir, Ruby, Ember.js, and Swift. We love GraphQL and Kubernetes, and deploy on AWS and GCP.
Peek is 100% remote, and our team of over 120 Peeksters is distributed throughout the Americas.
We believe that adventures are for everyone. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for delightful new experiences, you will find a home at Peek.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
We are hiring a Senior Quality Automation Engineer: someone who is passionate about quality engineering, and who will help lead our test automation projects over the next several years.
Your responsibilities will include guiding the development of automated tests and testing frameworks for our major systems, coaching and mentoring junior quality engineers, creating and maintaining test plans, and identifying opportunities to increase the reliability and speed of our SDLC.
The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience writing automated test suites for single-page web applications, APIs, and iOS applications. We recognize that few people have all of those talents, and encourage you to apply even if you’re missing one of our target platforms. Learning and growth are highly valued at Peek!
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4). English is our business language, and fluency is required.
Tools and Platforms
- Selenium, Insomnia, TestRail, Appium, XCTest
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: we work collaboratively to solve problems, and value team success over individual achievement. We love working with people who can ask hard questions, offer unusual solutions, and are willing to compromise when solving challenging problems on a deadline.
- Comfortable working remotely: we are 100% remote, and rely on Slack, email, Signal, and Zoom to stay connected.
- Well organized and self motivated: we work in a fast paced environment, our teams are growing, and our priorities shift on a quarterly basis as we move into new markets.
- Advocate for self care while managing a high workload: we want you to show up as your best self, and to speak up for what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.