Sr Sales / Finance Analyst - Remote
Sandy, UT /
Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
Peek is looking for a highly talented, passionate and analytical individual to join our growing FP&A team. This team is a small cross-functional group that works directly with the executive leadership team to shape the external direction and internal processes of our growing company. The team is made up of Finance professionals with operating experience at leading technology companies. The position is ideal for talented professionals seeking Strategy, Business Operations, and Data Analytics experience at an exciting growth-stage SaaS company. Peek’s executive leadership team holds MBAs from Stanford GSB, HBS and NYU Stern, and working on the Peek FP&A team is a great way to gain valuable operating experience with sharp and passionate colleagues.
- Strategy, Planning and Forecasting
- Manage the strategic planning process as well as participate in the process as a thought leader and prepare related presentations which articulate the strategy
- Lead annual budget process and periodic (e.g., quarterly) forecasting
- Develop and enhance financial models to improve forecasting accuracy and deep understanding of financial levers
- Develop thorough understanding of interdependencies of all P&L line items and profitability drivers
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to drive meaningful insights, SQL and/or database experience is required
- Build, monitor and review dashboards for accuracy and insights (may require some SQL/Excel integration using ODBC connectors)
- Collaborate with functional leaders across the organization (marketing, engineering, sales) to understand their objectives and KPIs
- Contribute to achievement of KPIs as a thought leader
- Provide internal and external “customers” with timely and accurate ad hoc analysis
- Analyze financial statements and perform variance analyses
- Lead preparation of performance reviews for Board of Directors and executives
- Prepare and present cogent analysis, written and verbal, to executives and the organization at large
- Organize thoughts, ideas, and data into presentation format which maximizes clarity and alignment
- Build trust and cooperation with a soothing communication style
- Continuously improve and streamline the financial management processes including:
- a) monthly reporting and
- b) automation of data feeds between the GL and BI systems
- Parameterize financial models to improve cycle times and simultaneously reduce risk of errors
- Develop data visualization tools which enable complex data to be assimilated and communicated effectively
Data mining/business intelligence
- Five or more years of experience in financial planning & analysis, business analysis or equivalent experience in consulting
- Experience preparing and presenting monthly performance reviews and board of director materials
- High level of critical thinking to formulate business issues into analytical problems and devise actionable solutions
- Expert financial modeling and data driven financial analysis
- Expert proficiency with Excel (e.g., pivot tables, pivot charts, VBA)
- Expert proficiency with data mining and SQL
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes and financial reporting practices
- Robust communication, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong level of financial and business acumen to be able to drive results for breadth of initiatives
- Must have ability to interact and partner effectively at multiple levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, quantitative field or related discipline
- Ability to independently manage processes and work with ambiguity
- Self-starter, organized, and strong multi-tasking skills
- Process-improvement oriented with ability to quickly learn new technology in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong skills in developing financial reports and analyzing their results
- Personal traits which are correlated with success include curiosity, determination, and intellect
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience with Looker or equivalent BI tools a plus
- Experience with Essbase and/or equivalent budgeting and management reporting tools a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4 year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance 401k
- Matching Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO - includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Annual company-wide offsite
- $50 WFH allowance to enhance your internet and/or connectivity
- Annual "Peekiversary" gifts
The bulk of our team is based in Salt Lake City, UT; but this role can be remote contingent upon your time zone being in line with the greater USA.
Thank you for your interest in Peek!