Senior Front End Engineer
Engineering/Product – Frontend /
Peek is the leading software platform for tours, activities and rentals (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, ziplining, cooking classes). More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform.
Peek’s engineering team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS business. We have a modern tech stack, built with Elixir, Ruby, Ember.js, and Swift. We love GraphQL and Kubernetes, and deploy on AWS and GCP.
Peek is 100% remote, and our team of over 120 Peeksters is distributed throughout the Americas.
We believe that adventures are for everyone. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for delightful new experiences, you will find a home at Peek.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
We are hiring a Senior Front End Engineer: someone who is passionate about building great experiences, and who will help lead our front end projects over the next several years.
Your responsibilities will include....
- Driving the architectural direction of our Ember.js codebases
- Collaborating with the Product Management and Design teams to build top notch user experiences
- Taking ownership of features built from development through release to production
- Communicating bug and feature testing implications to the QA team
- Advocating for a consistent and delightful customer experience
Bonus points for people who have experience with
- Migrating an Ember.js codebase from older versions to Ember Octane
- Working on B2B software
- Test-driven development
- Building accessible interfaces with Ember
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4). English is our business language, and fluency is required.
Tools and Platforms
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- Testing frameworks like Mocha / Chai / QUnit
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: we work collaboratively to solve problems, and value team success over individual achievement. We love working with people who can ask hard questions, offer unusual solutions, and are willing to compromise when solving challenging problems on a deadline.
- Comfortable working remotely: we are 100% remote, and rely on Slack, email, Signal, and Zoom to stay connected.
- Well organized and self motivated: we work in a fast paced environment, our teams are growing, and our priorities shift on a quarterly basis as we move into new markets.
- Advocate for self care while managing a high workload: we want you to show up as your best self, and to speak up for what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.