iOS Engineer - Remote
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering/Product – Mobile /
Peek is the leading software platform for tours, activities and rentals (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, ziplining, cooking classes). More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform.
Peek’s engineering team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS business. We have a modern tech stack, built with Elixir, Ruby, Ember.js, and Swift. We love GraphQL and Kubernetes, and deploy on AWS and GCP.
Peek is 100% remote, and our team of over 120 Peeksters is distributed throughout the Americas.
We believe that adventures are for everyone. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for delightful new experiences, you will find a home at Peek.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
Use your extensive knowledge of UIKit and Swift to improve the Peek Pro iOS app, a completely native application relied upon by thousands of businesses every day. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices and delight people by making the best software using Swift and iOS13 APIs. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features. We’re still small, so every person’s effort contributes significantly to the direction of our growing company.
See details about Peek’s tech stack here.
We work collaboratively, move fast, and we value technical quality. If you are excited about the challenge of building an incredible product while working alongside a great engineering team, we’d love to hear from you!
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4). English is our business language, and fluency is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, product polish, and code quality
- Communicate effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Develop new mobile features, build-out existing features, and refine complex prototypes
- Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
- Investigates and resolves system issues that arise in production
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience of software iOS development building real world apps in Swift
- Experience with threading, mobile database and networking
- Expertise in building complex layouts with UIKit
Tools and technologies we use: Xcode, Swift, RxSwift/Combine/SwiftUI/UIKIt, XCTest, GraphQL, SPM/Carthage, Fastlane, Firebase, Figma.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: we work collaboratively to solve problems, and value team success over individual achievement. We love working with people who can ask hard questions, offer unusual solutions, and are willing to compromise when solving challenging problems on a deadline.
- Comfortable working remotely: we are 100% remote, and rely on Slack, email, Signal, and Zoom to stay connected.
- Well organized and self motivated: we work in a fast paced environment, our teams are growing, and our priorities shift on a quarterly basis as we move into new markets.
- Advocate for self care while managing a high workload: we want you to show up as your best self, and to speak up for what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.