Senior Accountant - Remote Role
Austin, TX /
Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Accounting /
With nearly $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Pennekamp State Park have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 150 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
PS: Peek made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
Peek is looking for a highly talented, passionate, and analytical individual to join our growing Finance team. This team is a small and talented cross-functional group that works directly with the executive leadership team to shape the external direction and internal processes of our growing company. The team is made up of former Consultants and Finance professionals from companies like Bain and Deloitte, with significant operating experience at numerous high-growth venture-backed tech companies. The position is ideal for professionals seeking experience at a tech startup experiencing rapid growth. Peek’s executive leadership team holds MBAs from Stanford GSB, HBS, and NYU Stern. Working on the Peek Finance team is a great way to gain valuable operating experience.
- Perform and review general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Prepare flux analyses and other analytics to help review the monthly results.
- Assist in the ongoing automation and evaluation of systems, processes and controls to enable company scalability
- Coordinate cross departmentally for process discovery and suggest ongoing process improvements for accuracy and efficiency
- Work closely and collaboratively with accounting manager to develop daily, weekly and monthly procedures designed to identify efficiencies in the close process
- Assist with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, and corporate credit card management
- Assist with accounts receivable functions including but not limited to payment application, monthly invoicing and reconciling customer accounts
- Research Technical Accounting matters and draft memos citing relevant and appropriate guidance
Skills you already have
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Minimum 3 yrs at an international public accounting firm or as a Senior Accountant at a technology company.
- Excellent Excel skills required and comfortability with large data sets.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and communicate accounting issues to upper-level management in a timely and concise manner.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and relentless follow-through.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessary.
- The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, and not afraid to ask questions.
Nice to Haves
- CPA highly preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks highly desired, experience with NetSuite.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Looker).
- Experience with ASC 606.
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.