Operations – People Ops / HR /
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
This role will report directly to the HR Manager and will partner closely the People Operations, Finance teams, as well as department managers. You will use your analytical skills, expertise in payroll processes, and attention to detail, to deliver on time and accurate payroll related activities
- Manage day-to-day payroll processes and/or changes, such as: benefit enrollment/changes, pay changes, new hire/terminations, etc.
- Review timecard submissions and address missing data, discrepancies that need to be rectified to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Process bi-weekly & semi-monthly payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Prepare ad hoc payroll reports as needed
- Manage change requests through Deel, ADP, and BambooHRHelp ensure compliance with company policies and along with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Ad hoc projects/reports as neededAudit personnel and pay data in ADP and BambooHR
- Investigate and follow up on any payroll or benefit related inquiries
- Reconcile benefit billing via ADP and Employee Navigator
- At least three years of experience processing US multi state payroll
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now
- Business level English proficiency
- Experience using BambooHR strongly preferred
- Understanding of multi state labor and pay laws
- Problem solving matters independently that evolve in day to day work and escalating as needed
- Experience in a fast-paced and action oriented environment, can comfortably operate in ambiguity
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Basic employment law knowledge with multi-state compliance
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Nice to Haves
- Prior HR generalist experience
- Experience supporting a remote workforce
- Experience working in a tech startup and product-focused environment
- Knowledge of international regulations to support a North & South American workforce
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.