Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Accounting /
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
We are hiring a Controller to lead our accounting team and to grow it over time. You will design the roadmap to improve and maintain our existing accounting systems and processes, including improving controls in preparation for a potential IPO. You will be a trusted advisor and partner to the CFO. We are looking for someone who will enjoy being in a performance-oriented, fast-paced environment and working with leaders from the best financial services and technology companies.
- Lead the accounting organization and elevate it to the caliber of a publicly traded enterprise SaaS company.
- Manage and mentor our accounting team with professionalism, thoughtfulness and empathy.
- Build and own the monthly accounting close process, including analytical review of the operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Design, develop and maintain accounting policies, practices, and procedures with a strong internal control framework.
- Be subject matter expert in key technical accounting pronouncements to ensure adoption of ASC 606, 350, 718 and other relevant GAAP standards.
- Manage external financial reporting to investors and financial institutions.
- Serve as a key resource and advisor to company management around initiatives, activities, or processes with an impact on the financial well-being of the business. “Roll up sleeves” and dive into any issue or complete any task, no matter how small or large, to achieve an excellent outcome.
- Lead the company through audit readiness and deliver its first audit.
- Develop into a public company controller, eventually over-seeing SEC reporting, SOX compliance, and other areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- 15+ years of experience in financial accounting, including an active CPA license
- At least 5 years of accounting experience at a “Big 4” firm preferred
- Prior accounting experience with publicly traded, SaaS model, transaction oriented service business preferred
- Deep technical accounting knowledge
- Positions of increasing responsibility and scope, preferably in the fast-paced software and technology industry with exposure to broad accounting responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to implement new systems, in particular strong understanding of ERP solutions and financial systems; NetSuite experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.