Business Development Representative - Remote
New Orleans, LA /
Sales – Mid-Market /
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
Peek is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. This is a challenging, exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, ability to remain focused, and follow-through on plans. As a Business Development Representative, you will be a strategic member of the broader sales team. In many cases, you will act as the first contact for Peek’s business prospects.
This is an entry-level position that requires hard work, grit, tenacity, and resourcefulness. We look for those traits over experience. Don’t think you’re qualified? Apply and see what happens! If that’s you, we’d love to have you join our team!
- Prospect for new leads as potential sales opportunities
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective partners and Account Executives
- Collaborate with the team on account strategy, demand generation, activities, and results
- Build pipeline using proven sales methodologies
- Ensure all data is properly maintained and updated in the CRM (Salesforce)
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Peek products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
- Identify partner needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Demo and close inbound leads that fall below specific requirements for sales team engagements
- Track record of achievement in your past roles
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Able to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment
- Professional demeanor
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher-level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Competitive, tenacious and results-driven
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that challenge the way they view their business
- Ability to prioritize
- Capacity to learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Attention to detail with administrative responsibilities
- A real passion to connect the world through experiences
- Hands-on experience with sales techniques is a plus
We’ll give you an extra look if you have
- Work experience as a Business Development Representative, Account Executive or similar role
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.