Trust & Safety Specialist
Trust & Safety Specialist
The Trust and Safety Team’s goal is to ensure that Peerspace remains a safe and trustworthy marketplace for all our users. We’re looking for a proactive problem solver who has some experience handling online integrity or trust and safety efforts. Someone passionate about investigating issues and connecting the dots to take action.
In this role, you will become a subject matter expert of Peerspace’s policies, procedures, product features, and internal workflows. You’ll leverage learnings to help build at-scale operations, enhance operational workflow, and improve customer experience within Trust & Safety.
This is a full time role, you are expected to work 40 hours/week. You will be paid hourly; this role is eligible for overtime. You may be scheduled to work 1 or 2 weekend days as needed, your manager will assign your schedule based on your availability.
- Review and take action on content for potential violation of our Community Guidelines.
- Review transactions to prevent fraud.
- Prepare evidence and respond to disputed charges.
- Conduct investigations to detect fraudulent activities and suspicious acts.
- Provide clear, patient and helpful responses to time sensitive escalations.
- Conduct ID and payment verification checks.
- Remove accounts found to be non-compliant with our standards.
- Find opportunities to improve Trust & Safety processes and stay up-to-date on the latest fraud trends and industry developments.
- 2 - 3 + years experience in Fraud, Data Processing, or handling support escalations.
- Feel a sense of accomplishment from helping people and making the internet a safer, more trustworthy place.
- Compose ad-hoc responses.
- Operate within a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong communication and writing skills with strong attention to detail and grammar.
- Able to work through a queue of tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements.
- Are energized by investigating issues and taking action.
- You can provide a consistent and objective point of view when making difficult decisions.
- Proficient in Excel/ Google Sheets.
- Previous experience with Zendesk or other ticketing systems.
- Experience with Stripe, Sift, and Salesforce ( a plus).
- Basic understanding of SQL ( a plus).
- Join a team reshaping a $100B industry
- Competitive salary with equity in a growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Medical/dental coverage & take it when you need it vacation and sick days - need time? Just ask.
- A flexible work environment
- Company sponsored enrichment programs to pursue the things you are most passionate about
- Employee space sponsorship benefits
- Monthly team events
- 401K plans
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences at any price point. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underused space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in April of 2014, Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s investors include GV and Foundation Capital