Senior UI Designer
Product & Design
For those of us at Peerspace, it's our goal to make every unique commercial space a potential source of inspiration and creativity for businesses and professionals across the world. For us to fully realize this dream we're going to have the be the first to solve some very difficult problems that exist in the short-term commercial real estate market. That's where you come in.
We need that one-of-a-kind problem solver who can deeply empathize with the issues that guests and hosts currently face, uncover the latent needs that are unmet in the market, and help us create engaging user-experiences that replace the frustration currently felt with delight. You will use every tool at your disposal to build an amazing product -- depending on the day this might be leading user research activities with our customers, creating wireframes to model and communicate a user flow, building an interactive prototype, or getting to pixel-level perfection in a mockup. You will not get bored.
As our Senior Designer, you will be a leader in our organization and directly drive our product direction and vision. You will set the tone with our visual design and ensure that our product clearly communicates our values and engenders trust. You will help us grow our team, be a mentor for new hires, and evangelize user-centered design throughout our organization.
- Play a key role in defining product roadmap
- Develop creative ideas and concepts together with the team
- Rapidly prototype, provide options, articulate UX tradeoffs, and iterate quickly
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished designs
- Lead design reviews with company leadership and provide expertise on how design can drive business results
- Drive design through data, build methods to collect and analyze data from user interactions, run experiments and user interviews
- Build personas and user journeys to drive design decisions at a company wide level
- Translate design decisions into style guide, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use to build the product
- Implement strategies for standardizing design patterns across the site to speed development velocity across the team
- Integrate with an engineering team that delivers new working code every two weeks in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- Help build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
- Experience in designing across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop
- Strong design portfolio (please include this with your application)
- 5+ years of design experience as an individual contributor