Security and Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (GCP)
Peerspace is on a mission to bring people together. Our marketplace uncovers the world's most unique spaces — such as lofts, rooftops, and photo studios — and opens them for people to book almost any activity. With Peerspace, guests have hosted weddings, photo shoots, team meetings, and more. In total, over 5 million people have attended a Peerspace booking, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 50 million.
The Peerspace infrastructure team is focused on providing a secure, reliable and maintainable platform for our engineering, product and operations teams to build and deliver applications out into the world.
At Peerspace we have always focused on building security and stability from the ground up, and for this reason this role is foundational to us.
Peerspace is looking for a Security and Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. As a member you will be responsible for provisioning, maintaining, and monitoring state of the art computing and networking resources in GCP cloud environments and other IT infrastructure. This will include additional hardening and automation on existing resources and processes. We are looking for somebody to contribute to the overall infrastructure/security vision and culture of Peerspace, both within engineering and the company at large.
For this position, you should be familiar with and have production experience in security and infrastructure generally as well as a good understanding of GCP specifically, or similar experience and willingness to learn GCP quickly. You should be someone who is interested in the broader vision but also willing to be directly involved in implementation. You should be someone who always keeps the integrity of the system top of mind in all aspects of your work as well as understand the role that the infrastructure plays in the overall company goals.
- Design and build security for GCP infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Compute instances
- Container workloads
- VPC networks and firewall rules
- VPN configuration
- Data buckets/cloud storage
- Databases and data clusters (Mongo, Elastic, Airflow, etc)
- Collaborate with the CTO and the Back End Director on design and operations
- Manage and expand the relationships with security vendors
- Work with the broader product and engineering teams to ensure their systems and Develop environments are both secure and easy to use
- Significant experience in tech - a good portion of which should be on production and critical systems
- Meaningful experience managing a GCP account or similar
- Proficient with Linux both command line and scripting
- Proficient in networking
- Experience managing critical production runtime workloads
- Experience with security and hardening
- Experience with IAM and RBAC
- Experience with automation
- Experience working with security researchers
SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- Kubernetes(GKE) and containers
- Networking VPC/firewalls
- Managing VMs
- Terraform (or similar)
- Modern languages for scripting and other tasks (python,clojure go, ruby, clojure...)
- Certifications: Google cloud Architect/Devops/Security/Network Engineer, CISSP
*note not ALL skills listed are required for applicants
● Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to 401k and FSA/HSA
● Medical coverage subsidized by Peerspace
● Dental, vision, and disability coverage provided at no cost
● Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
We are a remote first company and offer the following perks to ensure our team members have a comfortable and productive working experience:
○ Apple laptop, 4K display, and stipend to setup home office
○ Monthly cell phone and internet credit
○ Coworking membership (in lieu of home office)
○ Quarterly in-person offsites and events for all team members (in Peerspace locations, of course)
Peerspace is a platform that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Founded in 2014, Peerspace is a remote first company that maintains a strong company culture by gathering frequently in Peerspace locations. Our team members are currently located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and many other cities around the globe. The company’s investors include Google Ventures and Foundation Capital.
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a team that's diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are enabled to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and be recognized for taking pride in their work. We believe bringing together people from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We'd especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences.