Product & Design
For those of us at Peerspace, its our goal to make every unique commercial space a potential source of inspiration and creativity for businesses and professionals across the world. For us to fully realize this dream we're going to have to be the first to solve some very difficult problems that exist in the short-term commercial real estate market. That's where you come in.
We need that one-of-a-kind problem solver who can deeply empathize with the issues that guests and hosts currently face, uncover the latent needs that are unmet in the market, and help us create engaging user-experiences that replace the current frustrations with delight. As a Product Designer, you will use every tool at your disposal to build an amazing product -- depending on the day this might be attending user research activities with our customers, creating wireframes to model and communicate a user flow, building an interactive prototype, or getting to pixel-level perfection in a mockup. You will work on a variety of projects, from conceptual to tactical to growth. Your work will actually ship, every two weeks. You will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience.
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers and engineers
- Develop creative ideas and concepts together with the team
- Rapidly sketch, prototype, provide options, articulate UX/UI tradeoffs, and iterate quickly
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes and polished designs
- Explore and promote new and promising design trends
- Lead design reviews with company leadership and provide expertise on how design can drive business results
- Drive design through data, build methods to collect and analyze data from user interactions, run/attend experiments and user interviews
- Translate design decisions into style guide, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use to build the product
- Implement strategies for standardizing design patterns across the site to speed development velocity across the team
- Work directly with our Front-end Engineers, delivering assets and assistance in building fully functional user interfaces
- Help build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
- 2+ years of design experience as an individual contributor
- Portfolio of relevant past work that demonstrates the skills required for this position
- Experience in designing across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop
- Strong design portfolio (please include this with your application)
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Mastery of Adobe and Sketch design tools
- Comfortable collaborating with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary with employee stock options
- Medical/dental/vision insurance coverage
- Take it when you need it vacation and sick days
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog friendly culture
- Company sponsored enrichment program to pursue what you are passionate about
Peerspace is an online marketplace that connects professionals and businesses to unique spaces. Our goal since launching in 2014 has been to make finding and booking space an easy and transparent process.
We believe that innovation occurs at the intersection of smart people and the spaces that inspire them. This happens every day when Peerspace hosts share their underutilized spaces with creative people planning memorable experiences. Film and photo shoots, offsite meetings, product launches, and charity events are just a few of the many activities that take place on the platform. Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Los Angeles and New York. Our investors include Foundation Capital (Netflix, LendingClub, AdRoll) and Structure Capital (Uber, Shyp).