Oakville, Canada /
Video, Editorial & Public Alerting – Sponsorship /
Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
- gives back to the community
- has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
- allows you to speak up and be heard
- AND ... likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es, Clima and Otempo.pt. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada's Emergency Alerting System.
The Sponsorship Producer position is a creative and dynamic Video Producer who can bring a fresh new spin to sponsorship video and editorial stories. The ideal candidate is responsible for ensuring all elements of a sponsorship from the ideation phase to going live on air are executed flawlessly with a goal of both customer and viewer satisfaction. As the position regularly includes dealing with external clients/agencies being a strong ambassador of Pelmorex is an important part of the position.
What’s the Day to Day Look Like:
- Be passionate about creating branded content that entertains and educates our audience.
- Expert writer, editor, producer, and storyteller who can deliver engaging and inspiring branded content that meet our brand and client objectives throughout our television and digital experiences.
- Lead sponsorship projects for a variety of channels and products, ensuring the visual, tone and writing style expresses and elevates the brand voice.
- Work closely with various stakeholders, including sales, marketing, social, graphics artists, editors, camera people, writers and content creator presenters to produce compelling branded content to support our brand and client’s goals.
- Be a champion when it comes to communicating complex information clearly, simply, and free from jargon; you will use these skills to communicate our complex broadcast products to our internal sales team as well as external clients.
- Understand Programming’s objectives pertaining to sponsorships and creatively lead clients towards products/segments that stay within programming’s guidelines. Oversee the production and coordination of broadcast sponsorship elements from beginning to end, including the testing process to ensure a successful execution. This could include mock-ups for new potential clients.
- Ensure projects stay on budget, prepare invoices and code them according to the appropriate budgets.
- Maintain and organize production files for all production, features and clients.
- Required travel 20-30%
Responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
Qualifications (Must Haves):
- University degree in Communications or Broadcasting diploma.
- A minimum of 3 years experience of television producing, writing and editing experience. Exceptional producing, writing and editing abilities.
- A natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories for the media landscape.
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects.
- Ability to work individually and part of a team.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro. After Effects knowledge would be an asset.
- Knowledge of The Weather Network programming and production methodology.
You are Made for This if You Are:
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional at organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong in computer skills
- A team player
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere