External Affairs Manager (Law & Public Policy)
Mountain View, California
External Affairs – External Affairs
Peloton Technology is transforming the trucking industry, using advanced technology and automation to deliver groundbreaking safety, efficiency and operational insight to the trucks that drive the economy. We are a hands-on team of action with diverse backgrounds, united by this common mission.
We are seeking an External Affairs Manager to represent Peloton to external stakeholders, and to enable Peloton to grow and scale in the coming months. The External Affairs team unlocks markets to sell Peloton products, and engages with stakeholders ranging from regulators and legislators to interest groups and industry leaders.
- Engage with regulators, legislators, trade associations, industry leaders, and advocacy groups, among others, in private and public forums on Peloton, technology, policy, and the law.
- Monitor and analyze federal and state laws and regulations relevant to Peloton.
- Draft and edit legislative language.
- Develop and implement strategy to open new markets to Peloton products.
- Develop public affairs communications content.
- Minimum 5 years experience in policy, law, or public affairs
- Experience analyzing and drafting legislation
- Experience working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Experience or interest working in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Ability to travel approximately 5 days per month
- Experience in the trucking or automotive industries a plus
- Advanced degree (Public Policy graduate degree, J.D.) preferred