QC Technician - Temporary (potential to convert to permanent)
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Quality & Regulatory /
Temp to Hire
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our Quality Team. This position reports to our Sr. Manager, Quality. The ideal Quality Control Technician is a team builder who is comfortable with motivating, supporting and coaching team members towards compliance and quality standards. To be successful in this role, 1-3+ years of experience with Food/Beverage Manufacturing in Production or Quality Control or Quality Assurance is ideal. This team member will work closely with the production team to ensure the quality of all incoming materials and components, work in progress, and finished product. The successful candidate will need to be able to learn new systems quickly and adapt to changing needs as Pendulum rapidly expands capabilities in terms of projects and processes. This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires an understanding of collaboration, cooperation, and consideration for improving patient care. The successful employee must be able to roll up their sleeves and pivot quickly.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain and monitor facility food safety, sanitation and documentation in the production environment
- Help maintain and monitor production equipment, including calibration and preventative maintenance schedules
- Conduct environmental monitoring and prepare lab samples for 3rd party testing
- Verify quality of incoming materials including raw and packaging material
- Conduct in-process QC testing and QC inspection of production area
- Responsible for the correct recording of pertinent information and filing of all relevant record logs
- Assist with other production documentation and data entry tasks
- Help follow up on corrective and preventive actions, and deviations
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, or a related field with 1-3+ years work experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with aseptic techniques used in microbiology, a plus
- Familiarity with developing/writing SOPs, documenting and tracking lot numbers and using lab management systems
- Experience in implementing and prioritizing work across multiple projects under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Good familiarity and understanding of food safety
- Familiar with Excel, Word, and Google apps
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting
- Proactive, honest communicator
- Familiarity or experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and cooperate with team members
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.