Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer, Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA /
Compute – Engineering & Data Science /
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Pendulum™ is seeking an experienced individual with a strong background in backend development and build/release engineering. As a Software Engineer in a highly cross-functional setting, you will design, build, test, deploy and monitor cloud services for Manufacturing and R&D applications. We would like to have you in the office for this full-time role, but we are open to remote work and contract-to-hire for the right candidate.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage in-house software for high-throughput bioinformatics pipelines and web services
- Coordinate documentation, testing and release of software processes and services
- Deploy and manage cloud services using AWS and GCP
- Automate and streamline release and deployment of computational pipeline by incorporating CI/CD
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments
- Provide documentation and guidance to developers for deployment and testing
- Passion for learning and improving yourself and the team around you
- 3+ years directly related experience in Software Engineering
- Strong professional experience programming in Python
- Experience with AWS is required
- Strong background in Docker, ECS, Linux, Make, Bash
- Experience reviewing code
- Experience with continuous builds & deployments as well as continuous integration
- Demonstrated track record of self-directed work
- Ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Desire to be in a cross-functional environment that values work-life balance
- Good team player who thrives in collaborative environment
- Belief in transparency and open communication
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.