San Francisco, CA /
Compute – Engineering & Data Science /
Pendulum ® is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics ™ (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
As a Software Engineer you will apply software development methods to develop and/ or integrate business applications. You will use modern software development techniques such as APIs, microservices, front end and backend frameworks to deliver solutions using agile life cycle.
- Applying software engineering principles to analyze and problem-solve, and design a solution
- Developing and executing project plans
- Developing software code using Java and/or Python and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create various diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Configuring AWS cloud environment to run the code using cloud infrastructure such as EC2 instances, Lambda functions, RDS instances
- Integrating software systems using REST based APIs and connectors
- Designing and developing test cases Adopting Agile methodologies to develop software
- Analyzing existing systems to provide recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring proper documentation
- Monitoring system performance and performing predictive maintenance
- Performing system risk and reliability analysis
- Assessing new technologies before adoption and implementation
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or related field
- 4 to 6 years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field.
- Proficient in modern programming languages like Java, Python or C++ and other object-oriented languages
- Hands-on experience working with technologies (AWS, Containers, Cloud based databases, Github, etc.)
- Strong DevOps focus to deploy code using CI/CD
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies (mention the technologies you use)
- Well versed in designing, debugging and documentation
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Experience building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, JSON, RPC, etc.
- Ability to update and manage GitHub repositories
Salary & Benefits
- 160,000 to 180,000 (DOE)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Life & STD Insurance
- Company match on 401(k)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Pendulum Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all to apply.