Craftperson - Electrical (Totnes 307_22)
Totnes, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Would you like to work within a high-performing team where you can use your hands on knowledge and experience?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an Electrical Craftperson to join our team working in Tones. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £29,688 - £33,530 per annum + excellent benefits.
About the role:
As our Electrical Craftperson, you will carry out planned work as derived from maintenance scheduled activities on operational assets, primarily within Sewage Pumping Stations. Ultimately to provide services of the required quality and quantity, in a sustainable manner that meets the required internal and external customer service standards, whilst protecting the environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivery of quality support using expertise and experience in your discipline, using electrical, control and process systems which will help to maintain or minimise the risk and impact to our Customers
- Carrying out repair and maintenance for water and sewage treatment works process control and electrical systems and diagnoses faults on all aspects of asset control and automation
- Liaising with all staff affected by any work undertaken
- The requirement to compile or update any site engineering documentation which enables Operational staff to carry out support and maintenance of the works systems
- Proactively support our internal customers in line with the South West Water “Pure” vision of Pure Water, Pure Services and Pure Environment
- Ability to plan, prioritise and carry out works to the satisfaction of the planned maintenance delivery system, Planned Maintenance Coordinator and the operations team as required
- Conforming and adhering at all times to current ISO, H&S systems, procedures and policies
- Delivery of cost effective improvements to assets and systems
What we are looking for:
- A completed apprenticeship in a relevant technical discipline
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths, English, and Science at grade C or above
- ONC/HNC/ BTEC or equivalents in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Experience working with Drinking and/or Waste Water treatment processes is desirable
- Able to deliver an effective maintenance service in both workshop and site environments
- Compliant with current IEE Regs 17th Edition
- City & Guilds Inspect and Test 2391-10
- Industrial/Commercial experience required
- Knowledge of working with Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- A full UK driving license is required
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return as our Electrical Craftsperson, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing date: Wednesday 20th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Electrical Craftperson - we look forward to receiving your application.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.