SHORTLISTING Catchment Operator (Kingsbridge - 119_22)
Kingsbridge, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Would you like to use your hands-on experience and skills to join a progressive company?
We currently have a Catchment Operator position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Kingsbridge. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,244 – £29,105 per annum plus excellent benefits and a company van provided.
About the role
The Catchment Operator will carry out reactive and planned work as scheduled to deliver the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Works and Sewage Pumping Stations. You will also provide services of the required quality and quantity, in a sustainable manner that meets the required internal and external customer service standards, whilst protecting the environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out on-site monitoring to ensure effective site operation and that compliance requirements are maintained
- Responding effectively to site conditions and monitoring information that ensure compliance is maintained and the environment is protected
- Storing and handling chemicals in accordance with COSHH, QMS Procedures and relevant Health and Safety standards
- Carrying out first-line maintenance on instruments & mechanical equipment
- Carrying out calibration of equipment in order to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Using the iSCADA control system, PCs and other computer hardware and software in order to carry out the role effectively
- Carrying out grass-cutting, weed-killing, and general maintenance in order to maintain site conditions in accordance with relevant procedures
- Providing accurate and timely feedback of activities completed
- Adhering to schedules, business rules, and procedures
- Liaising with Area Manager, Catchment Pilot, and Technical Assistants to ensure schedules are optimised
- Liaising with Area Manager, Energy Maintenance, and other members of the team to ensure site operation and asset maintenance is optimised
- Dealing effectively with customer queries when directly approached and passing information up the management line where appropriate
- A flexible working pattern is in operation which includes undertaking standby and call-outs and working evenings and weekends on a rota basis
- Travelling throughout the region and assisting other zones as necessary
What we are looking for:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent in Maths, English and a Science subject
- An NVQ 2 qualification in Waste Water operations is desirable
- Experience of working in a team and an understanding of the importance of teamwork
- Previous experience of operating and maintaining complex processes and working with modern technology
- Proven experience of working with computers and software packages
What's in it for you:
- We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
Closing Date: Monday 4th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Catchment Operator - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.