Cornwall, England /
South West Water – Engineering /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you want to apply your experience to implement real change with lasting impact within an environmentally conscious FTSE250 company?
We currently have an opportunity available for an Programme Manager to join our Engineering team working in Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive annual salary of £50,000 - £55,000 plus excellent benefits, including a £3,000 relocation expenses allowance!
About the role:
As the Programme Manager, you will manage the delivery of Southwest Water's programme of clean water and wastewater investments on the Isles of Scilly.
The IoS Senior Programme Manager will report to the Head of Delivery and the Isles of Scilly Steering Board.
What you'll be doing:
- Programme planning and prioritisation
- Maximising value for money within the supply chain
- Setting, agreeing and briefing teams on programme targets and strategy
- Assessing skills and competencies required to manage teams and resources effectively
- Managing individual workloads, performance and development needs
- Ensuring the company reporting and governance requirements are met
- Participate in setting and agreeing project strategy
- Leading agreed strategic initiatives within Engineering and the Senior Management Group
- Ensure the achievement of the Departments KPI’s and Objectives.
- Ensure that the Delivery Strategy is implemented in order to secure best value project delivery
- Ensure that those within the delivery team organisational structure are aware of their responsibilities and regularly hold them to account for their time, cost and quality performance
- Ensure the accuracy of reporting that is fed back to the Programme Performance Team
- Maintain contact with internal (Strategic Client, Operations, Estates, Partners, etc) and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Lead, direct and inspire the team so that and individual and team effectiveness is maximised
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Contract Management/Law
- Experience of Project Management
- Management of a team of professionals
- Management of budgets
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- You will need a Full UK Drivers' Licence due to regular travel to sites
What's in it for you?
- 30 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Relocation expenses allowance of up to £3,000
- Private Health Insurance
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Training and Development Opportunities
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: 8th July, 2022
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.