Project Manager (93/22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Engineering /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a role where you can lead and drive a successful team? Do you want to work in one of the UKs most beautiful locations in a role you will work on a variety of interesting and diverse projects to improve the quality of life for all in the South West?
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager to join our busy Engineering team working in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and development opportunities within our established Engineering Team.
About the role:
You will be managing a portfolio of primarily MEICA (Mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control, and automation) and small civils-based projects within SWW’s Capital Delivery Programme, via both framework and non-framework delivery partners.
You will be responsible for managing projects through their full lifecycle (scoping through to delivery, close down and post project appraisal). Working as part of a large multi skilled delivery function, you will also be responsible for several direct reports including, Assistant PMs, Coordinators and Project Support Administrators.
This is a pivotal and challenging role which requires the job holder to have a proven track record of effectively managing operational teams, as well as relationships with stakeholders - whilst balancing the needs to effectively delivering of all services associated with design and build within engineering.
What you will be doing
- Day to day responsibility for the management and delivery of MEICA Investment & projects from start up through to close down phases including H&S, scheduling, cost, quality, environment and liaison performance.
- Assist with leading the project teams to ensure projects are delivered to time, quality, cost, and profitability targets in accordance with best practice and in-house procedures.
- Support the Delivery Manager with the management and delivery of the Capital Projects within the company’s Capital Programme.
- Help to develop the culture and ethos of the Engineering Delivery Team to facilitate the most efficient delivery of the Capital Programme ensuring the effective delivery of projects in accordance with agreed strategies, objectives, and performance targets, including management of risks.
- Challenge scopes and costs to identify delivery efficiencies and ensure robust solutions to optimise total expenditure saving.
- Track & review performance of partners, consultants and contractors and provide structured feedback and provide accurate monthly forecasts on projects.
- Hold progress and liaison meetings with Partners, Stakeholders and Service Providers.
What we are looking for
- Relevant degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Professional status either in Engineering or project management
- Strong experience of Project Management
- Proven experience of team management to deliver projects within agreed timescales
- Management of budgets within a large organisation
- Experience of strong negotiating and influencing skills
What's in it for you
- 26 days holiday allowance rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Professional progression routes up to and including L7 qualifications, with our localised training partners
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Share save scheme
- Subsidised healthcare benefits
- Plus, many more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Monday 18th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.