ICA Technician (Barnstaple - 4140)
Barnstaple, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you will be influential in driving the business forwards towards its goals?
Have you got what it takes to contribute to the maintenance of our service, as part of one of the largest businesses in the South West?
We currently have an opportunity available for an ICA Craftsperson to join our team working in Barnstaple. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £28,274 - £31,933perannum plus excellent benefits, rewards and a company van.
About the role:
As our ICA Craftsperson, you will be working Waste Water assets throughout North Devon at various remote sites. In thisrole's you will take ownership of and provide assistance utilising your skills and knowledge to the installation, repair and maintenance of the operational remote plant and process control systems supporting operational activities.
What you will be doing
- Delivering quality support to operations using expertise and experience in the complex control and process systems which should balance/minimise the risk and impact to a busy operations team
- Planning, prioritising and carrying out works to the satisfaction of the planned maintenance delivery system, team leader, and the operations team as required
- Conforming and adhering at all times to current ISO, H & S systems, procedures, and policies
- Delivering cost effective improvements to assets and systems
- Complying with all business rules relating to the delivery of and feedback regarding all maintenance activity
- Requiring to compile or update any site engineering documentation which enables Operational staff to carry out support and maintenance of the works systems
- Assisting Operational staff with the resolution of complex problems
- Maintaining regular contact with colleagues throughout the Company
- On completion of a satisfactory probationary period, the role will involve the undertaking of standby and call-outs on an ICA/Electrical standby rota, covering waste water and also drinking water assets. the frequency of which may change in response to the business demands
What we are looking for
- Time served apprenticeship in electrical/ICA discipline supported by relevant formal qualifications. e.g. NVQ , City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC/HNC/HND etc
- Compliant with current IEE Regs (desirable)
- Atex/Compex Qualification (desirable)
- Experience of process control, automation and electrical systems
- Experience of working with and understanding of PLC logic.
- Experience of working with communication protocols
- Experience to include calibration and maintenance of front line instrumentation and a good understanding of relay logic and ability to maintain and repair
- Knowledge of working with Risk and Method statements
- Knowledge of the following systems ProWorx/32 and Schneider (Desirable)
- Repair and calibration of a wide range of process monitoring equipment, preferably in the Water Industry
- A flexible approach to working hours
- The desire to move forward with changes in technology
- A full UK driving license is required (you will be provided with a van)
What's in it for you
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Financial Support services
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Standby allowance
- And more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our ICA Craftsperson - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.