Health & Safety Field Advisor (34/22)
Devon, England /
South West Water – HSSA /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Is your next role one where you can utilise your skills and experience to make sustainable and meaningful change?
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Health & Safety Field Advisor to join our busy health and safety team working in Devon with travel to Bournemouth. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
The Health & Safety Field Advisor will offer expert knowledge and skills to generate and promote a positive Health & Safety culture with our teams working at our sites across Bournemouth. By working closely with our teams, you will help to identify and control Occupational Health & Safety risks. And make recommendations to prevent recurrences.
What you will be doing:
- Coaching and Supporting the field-based teams and line managers to ensure they understand their accountabilities and responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety
- Providing expert technical advice to field teams to support risk assessments and method statements
- Supporting and driving investigations into incidents (injuries, accidents, HiPos, near misses etc) to get to the root cause and identifying key activities that provide improvement opportunities at a specific and corporate level
- Supporting the business in the event of emergency situations, including fulfilling a role as part of the company’s emergency response team
- Actively supporting improvements to the health of field-based teams, driving up occupational health surveillance and utilisation of wellbeing support and initiatives
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health & Safety legislation, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) documents and any developments that particularly affect the water industry
- Carrying out assurance and audit checks both planned and unplanned to confirm the application of standards and competencies of individuals to drive up positive behaviours and safe working
What we are looking for:
- NEBOSH National Certificate or equivalent level 3 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Degree/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health is desirable
- Experience in a specialist Health & Safety role advising a business on systems and processes
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively innovate and work well under pressure
- A great communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
In return, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.