Energy Efficiency Project Manager
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Engineering /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you want to work in one of the UKs most beautiful locations in a role where you are integral in improving the environment? Are you looking for a career where you will work on a variety of interesting and diverse projects to improve the quality of life for all in the South West?
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Energy Efficiency Project Manager to join our busy Engineering team working in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and development opportunities.
About the role:
South West Water and Pennon have an ambition to continually develop our energy efficiency programmes, this is an exciting opportunity and time to work within our multi-disciplinary Energy and Carbon team driving our energy efficiency goals as part of our Energy and Net Zero Strategy.
85% of the Company’s energy demand is consumed in pumping systems so this is our primary focus within the role, driving identification testing, implementation and verification of the energy and carbon strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be driving our Energy Efficiency program including the pumping system program ensuring that improvement opportunities are developed to business case and delivery is championed through to completion.
- You’ll create, maintain, progress and grow the SWW energy efficiency strategy and capability to 2030 and beyond supporting the development of plans for our next price review period in 2024.
- You will be project managing and delivering the energy efficiency plan set out in the Energy and carbon Strategy by supporting future strategy development
- You will produce detailed, technical and commercial reports to provide evidence of delivery of outputs, performance improvements and strategic decisions
- You will work with local Energy & Carbon agencies, authorities and communities to promote the energy and net zero activities of the company, and to organise and support planning proposals as required
- You will keep up to date on energy market conditions and forthcoming legislation (inc. subsidies) with an ability to influence and lobby to maximise opportunity
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree standard within a Engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Renewable energy experience preferably within a corporate organisation with demonstrable benefit delivery
- Able to deal with external suppliers, regulators, and stakeholders at all levels
- Have a breadth of knowledge including the following technical capabilities in Energy Efficiency and including:
- Strong commercial markets and technical understanding of the application of renewable energy within the embedded ecosystems of process sites behind the meter.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to produce material to a high quality and for executive/director level audiences
- Excellent stakeholder management to drive results through influence
Energy Efficiency in Water and Wastewater systems including pumping systems and distribution
Pumping systems efficiency
Energy control and Optimisation
Demand Management and tariff optimisation
Condition Based monitoring
Energy and Carbon auditing
What’s in it for you:
- 26 days holiday allowance rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Share save scheme
- Subsidised healthcare benefits
- Plus, many more!
This isn’t just a job, this is a career; the opportunities to develop and grow your career with us are endless. Alongside ongoing training and development opportunities we offer some great benefits:
Closing date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.