Customer Experience Advisor (340_22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Engineering /
Fixed Term Contract
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Customer Experience Advisor to join our Engineering team based in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, 12-month fixed term contract, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,638 + excellent benefits.
About the role:
As Customer Experience Advisor you will report to the Service Delivery Team Manager and work within Developer Services, the Customer Experience Technician role is responsible for delivering high quality customer service to new water and sewer connection, build over and small build diversion customers. The Customer Experience Technician will ensure a focus on customer service is continually maintained and that the customer and business impact is considered within all decision making processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guiding customers through SWW build over, new sewer connection and small build sewer diversion process.
- Keeping the customer updated throughout the journey of their application, providing excellent customer service via both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Liaising with local authority building control, approved inspectors, architects, drainage consultants and contractors regarding application requests.
- Reviewing sewer condition surveys via CCTV and liaising with SWW inspector to facilitate a site visit.
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements for new sewer connections and small build applications and producing accurate quotations.
- Reviewing small build application requests where a customer may need to divert a public sewer.
What we are looking for:
- Good general standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including mathematics and English at grade C or above
- Background of Customer Service, Operational or Engineering working environment
- Proven administrative experience in a busy office environment
- Experience of using computers and packages such as MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent levels of customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage difficult customer situations
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Ability maintain a high level of commitment to personally getting things done
- Flexible approach with the ability to embrace change.
- Decision maker - Empowered to make own decisions
What's in it for you:
- We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Sunday 17th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.