Site Operator (Waste Water) 138_22
Bude, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a forward-thinking company where you can put your hands-on skills to good use?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Site Operator (Waste Water) to join our team working in Bude and the surrounding areas including up to Bideford and across to Okehampton. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £20,034 per annum plus benefits.
About the role:
As our Site Operator (Waste Water) you will carry out a range of maintenance requirements, under the guidance of the area management team, and operational activities at basic Waste Water treatment sites.
08:00am – 16:00pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish of 15:30pm on Fridays.
What you’ll be doing:
- Completing reactive and planned grounds maintenance work across treatment sites
- Rodent/pest bating where necessary
- Basic operational activities to support peak lop demand within individuals training and competence
- Accurate and timely feedback of activities completed & adherence to schedules, business rules and procedures
- Storing and handling chemicals under COSHH, QMS Procedures and relevant Health and Safety standards
- Liaising with the area management team & Field Support Centre to ensure schedules are optimized
- Assisting with customer queries when directly approached, in a calm and friendly manner
- Ensuring all work is carried out with due consideration of health and safety and following the Safe Systems of Work
- Ensuring that all activities enhance the reputation and image of the company
What we are looking for:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent in Mathematics, English and a Science subject, grade C or above (desirable)
- Experience of working in a team to deliver required tasks efficiently
- Experience of following task and safety instructions
- A passion for the environment and water quality
- Can take ownership of work and adopts continuous improvement philosophy
- Ability to work to a high standard, with a focus on the quality of work carried out
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and customers in a polite and professional manner
- Ability to use powered plant and equipment, hand tools and chemicals
- Ability to adhere to Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- A flexible approach to working hours which may include working on to complete site-based activities under a flexible working schedule
- A full UK Driving License also to include classifications B & E (Towing)
What's in it for you:
- We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
Closing Date: Monday 18th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Site Operator (Waste Water) - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.