Pollution Technician (365_22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you have proven experience and technical knowledge? Do you want to work for a company who pride themselves on their people and excellence? Then look no further!
We currently have a Pollution Technician position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,003 per annum plus excellent benefits.
About the role
The Pollution Technician will be embedded with the Customer Service and Network team to provide specialised support around all pollution related matters. Working alongside the Flooding and Planned Work Technicians, the Pollution Technician will become an integral part of the area Network team, acting as a main point of contact for pollution's and flooding outside of property curtilages.
About the role
- Monitor and keep track of all pollution incidents in the area and ensure all event information and impact evidence is captured in PIRS in line with the 28-day pollutions process. Track remedial actions to conclusion and ensure operational tasks post pollution are completed
- Responsible for ensuring incident feedback has been provided to the Asset manager to answer regulator questions, seeking assistance and information from the area team where required
- Preparation of Incident Summary Reports for submission by the Asset Manager to the Regulator covering ‘no impact’, ‘third party’ and non-event scenarios
- Track and manage external flooding incidents (outside property curtilages) through to resolution, ensuring all data is entered in line with the business process timescales
- Promote further work for asset failures that are outside property curtilages and track to completion.
- Supporting the Flooding Technician with their flooding investigations, providing cover for them in their absence
- Share planned work required as a result of external flooding and pollution investigations with the Planned Work Technician to set up and monitor
- Supporting operational teams with impact/third party investigations attending site if necessary, also supporting the business in the event of environmental incidents
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with the environmental regulator and provide internal advice and updates on EA guidance and regulations covering pollution incidents
- Take part in an Out Of Hours rota if required
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- Full UK driving licence, able and willing to travel across the operational area
- Good communication and organisational skills with the ability to liaise confidently both verbally and in writing, to prioritise work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative in a constructive manner and as a member of a team
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Office including Word and Excel
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Pollution Technician - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.