Customer Care Representative - Back Office (338_22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Domestic Customer Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you a problem solver who puts the customer at the heart of all you do? If so, we want to hear from you!
We currently have a Customer Care Representative – Back Office position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,914 per annum plus excellent benefits.
About the role:
Domestic Customer Services (DCS) is responsible for the successful delivery of South West Water’s and Bournemouth Water’s Customer Service whilst Supporting the Pennon Strategy. This means Winning the hearts and minds of our customers whilst delivering performance specific to those Outcome Delivery Incentives (ODIs) associated with the customer priorities of Responsive to Customers and Fair Charging.
The Customer Care Representative is primarily responsible for delivering a first-class customer experience to South West Water’s and Bournemouth Waters customers in accordance with business priorities and targets. Making sure customers can utilise their channel of choice when dealing with SWW/BW and where ever possible resolving contacts at first point of contact. This will be measured through the Ofwat Customer Measure of Experience (C-MeX).
As a Customer Care Representative (CCR) you will be championing the Pennon Values. Within DCS at South West Water, you will be the voice of our company, responsible for solving customer’s queries quickly and efficiently. You are trusted and empowered to provide customers with resolution and peace of mind regarding their Billing query. You will talk to our customer through a variety of communication channels; although initially your role will be focused on inbound written contacts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivery of consistent high-quality customer service as measured through ODI performance whilst supporting the Pennon Strategy and championing the Pennon Values
- Responsibility for the delivery of customer satisfaction, proactive tariff and affordability offerings within the Customer Experience Centre
- Responsible for championing Health, Safety and wellbeing for all employees & peers, escalating any potential risks immediately
- Create bespoke letters to respond to written customer contact in handle customer queries with empathy and clarity, escalating where appropriate to ensure a satisfactory resolution
- Handling of complex queries regarding Water and Sewerage charges:
- Point of contact for Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to deal with ad-hoc escalated contacts of a complex nature; transferring process and policy knowledge through WebEx, conference calls and calibration sessions
What we are looking for:
- Good general standard of education or equivalent experience
- Customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical, Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Demonstrate you have a ‘customer first’ attitude and are willing to take ownership for your customer’s query from initial point of contact through to resolution
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to learn
- Able to demonstrate a positive and professional approach when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Strong listening and empathy skills to deliver a first-class customer experience
- Strong organisation skills
- Approachability - Supportive role to other Departments
- Decision maker - Empowered to make own decisions
- A strong work ethic to achieve team goals
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Monday 4th july 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Customer Care Representative – Back Office - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.