Water Treatment Technician (Okehampton - 284_22)
Okehampton, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you a technically minded person looking for a stable career with a local employer?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Water Treatment Technician to join our team based in Okehampton. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a starting salary of £23,100 per annum, rising to £25,783 following a successful 6month review, plus overtime opportunities and company benefits + rewards.
As our Water Treatment Technician, you will be operating water treatment sites and associated plant and equipment ensuring that potable water quality and quantity is kept within company standards. You will also be providing out of hours standby cover as part of the works’ operational rota to ensure sites are maintained out of hours.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that potable water quality and quantity is maintained within company standards having due regard to abstraction licences and the requirements of the distribution system
- Liaising with the Hub Site Technicians in ensuring water quality and quantity is maintained out of hours and resolving site alarm issues
- Ensuring that all chemicals are stored, handled and used safely, effectively and economically, in line with company procedures
- Carrying out operational maintenance on equipment and instrumentation in accordance with work’s schedules and instructions
- Taking water quality samples and carrying out on site analysis as required in accordance with works’ instructions
- Completing water quality and operational procedures, records/log sheets
- Performing routine and non-routine tasks in accordance with the operational requirements of sites
- Ensuring that good housekeeping is carried out, maintaining the works in a clean and tidy condition
- Ensuring that all abnormal events are dealt with in accordance with company procedures and are reported to the Resources and Production Site Manager or the Duty Functional Manager out of hours
What we are looking for:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A to C including Maths and English
- Experience in Water Treatment or other relevant processes
- The ability to use computer systems for works, E.g. SCADA
- To be able to understand the principles of COSHH, Lone Working procedures and Basic First Aid
- A skilled communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of the business
- The ability to reach sound judgements and decisions when dealing with often complex issues and operating in highly pressurised situations
- A Full UK Drivers Licence
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Financial Support services
- And more!
This isn’t just a job, this is a career; the opportunities to develop and grow your career with us are endless. Alongside ongoing training and development opportunities we offer some great benefits:
Closing Date: Sunday 10th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Water Treatment Technician - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.