Instrumentation Control Automation (ICA) Technician (Bodmin - 2752)
Bodmin, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you will be influential in driving the business forwards towards its goals?
Have you got what it takes to contribute to the maintenance of our service, as part of one of the largest businesses in the South West?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an Instrumentation Control Automation (ICA) Technician to join our team working in Bodmin. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £28,274 - £31,933per annum, receiving a guaranteed standby allowance (working a 1 in 7 rotation), plus additional payments for call out and overtime opportunities, and a range of excellent company benefits.
About the role:
In this challenging and exciting hands-on role, you will join the Drinking Water Services Water Resources and Production team and be part of the delivery of supporting operations using your knowledge and skills. You will be the provision of and assistance given to the installation, repair and maintenance of the operational remote plant and process control systems supporting operational activities.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivery of quality support to operations using expertise and experience in the complex control and process systems which should balance/minimise the risk and impact to a busy operations team
- Ability to plan, prioritise and carry out works to the satisfaction of the planned maintenance delivery system, team leader and the operations team as required
- Conforming and adhering at all times to current ISO, H & S systems, procedures and policies
- Delivery of cost-effective improvements to assets and systems
- Complying with all business rules relating to the delivery of and feedback regarding all maintenance activity
- Compiling or updating any site engineering documentation which enables Operational staff to carry out support and maintenance of the works systems
- Assisting Operational staff with the resolution of complex problems
- Maintaining regular contact with colleagues throughout the Company
- On completion of a satisfactory probationary period, the role will involve the undertaking of standby and call-outs on an ICA/Electrical standby rota, the frequency of which may change in response to the business demands
What we are looking for:
- Time served apprenticeship supported by relevant formal qualifications. e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC/HNC/HND
- Experience of process control and electrical systems
- Experience of working with and understanding of PLCs to include management and programming.
- Previous working with communication protocols
- Experience in the calibration and maintenance of front line instrumentation and a good understanding of relay logic and the ability to maintain and repair
What's in it for you:
- In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Instrumentation Control Automation (ICA) Technician - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.