Debt Collections Administrator (267/22)
Bournemouth, England /
Pennon Water Services – PWS Operations /
Pennon Water Services is a national business water retailer delivering simple, accurate and timely billing to c. 100,000 customers through great customer service. We are committed to helping our customers lower water use and reducing costs.
As employees we thrive in a supportive working environment, developing and continuously learning to ensure we are all working at our best and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our growing team and be part of our continued success.
Would you like to work within a high-performing team where your skills and experience can make a difference? If you have exceptional attention to detail and the drive to join a company that champions progression, then look no further!
We currently have an exciting opportunity available as a Debt Collections Administrator to join our team working in Bournemouth. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,133 per annum.
About the role:
Our Debt Collections Administrator work in the Collections team which are based in Bournemouth.
You will provide excellent customer service assisting customers agree appropriate payment solutions, negotiating payment plans and resettlement amounts.
The role will also require you to work collaboratively across the business to resolve disputes and reach successful outcomes for both our customers and the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Negotiating the payment of overdue bills or outstanding payments via inbound and outbound telephone calls and in writing
- Effectively communicating with customers to establish the reasons for arrears and identify suitable and realistic solutions based on individual customer circumstances and following the company policy
- Customer account reconciliations, which will include analysing and providing customers with in-depth details of outstanding bills and allocations
- Managing own case load to ensure contact is made promptly in line with agreed timescales
- Escalating collection issues to prioritise problem/complaint to help enable prompt payments
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of five GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in credit and debt management
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal along with listening and questioning skills
- Demonstrate excellent levels of customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage difficult customer situations
What’s in it for you:
- Holiday allowance plus bank holidays increasing with service
- Loyalty scheme starting at 2 years’ service
- Progression scheme
- An annual discretionary bonus based on performance
- Competitive contributory pension
- Access to the Pennon Group Sharesave scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Pennon Water Services is part of the Pennon Group and at Pennon, who are one of the largest companies in the South West and we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
In return, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Thursday 14th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.