Renewable Energy Specialist (157/22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Engineering /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a leadership role where you can inspire your teams to make sustainable changes that have a positive impact on the local environment?
We have created a new role to drive innovation and to deliver measurable impact within our Energy business. As our Renewable Energy Manager, you will lead a team to develop and deliver renewable energy programmes across our asset portfolio.
Based in Exeter, you will receive an annual salary of up to £60,000 plus a company car and excellent benefits.
About the Role:
In the Energy team, it's our focus to continually develop and drive the economic implementation of renewable energy systems strategy within our drive to Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030.
It is part of our vison to develop and sustain for South West Water, industry leading energy and carbon management capability and capacity delivering up to 50% of our energy needs from locally generated sources. We are seeking an expert in developing renewable energy projects as this role is instrumental in driving forward the opportunities for SWW to generate renewable energy on or near our sites.
What are we looking for:
- Create, maintain and progress our renewable generation to 2030 onwards
- Develop and manage renewable Energy strategies for our delivery team
- Collaborate with wider business to ensure that renewable energy and carbon mitigation options are considered in investment decisions
- Develop investment business cases and progress through governance into delivery, identifying optimal route to maximise value
- Maintain and enhance renewable energy standards, technical specifications and solutions
- Partner with key internal stakeholders across South West Water including
- Procure, manage and work collaboratively with any third parties required to support delivery
- Programme manage and deliver the plan set out in the Energy and carbon Strategy supporting future strategy development
- Maintain and develop documented policies, procedures and process maps for business objectives
- Provide regular, accurate and detailed reporting on the progress of contracts, budgets, programmes and strategies against business goals and objectives
- Produce regular output reports and project updates to meet regulated performance commitments
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in relevant disciple
- Significant technical and commercial knowledge across the renewable energy spectrum
- Member of relevant industry/market bodies (e.g. Energy Institute)
- Ability to deal with external suppliers, regulators and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of leading cross-business and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven track record of contract management and managing performance of third-parties
- Strong commercial markets and technical understanding of the application of renewable energy within the embedded ecosystems of process sites.
- Strong and demonstrable numeric and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to produce material to a high quality and for executive/director level audiences
- Exceptional stakeholder management capabilities to drive results through influence rather than control
- Highly organised, flexible and able to deal with conflicting deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and ensure the building blocks are in place for improvement to flourish.
What's in it for you?
- In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A company car or cash for car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Share save Scheme
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing support and development for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
Closing Date: 8th July, 2022
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.