Mechanical Craftsperson (303_22)
Barnstaple, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a hands-on role where no 2 days are the same?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Mechanical Craftsperson to join our team working in Barnstaple. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,687 - £33,530 per annum, plus a range of company benefits.
About the role:
In this role you will find faults, repair and maintain our assets across a range of company sites, predominantly water treatment works and pumping stations. You will also help ensure maximum asset availability and support the Pure Vision by assisting in minimising risks to compliance, quality requirements and health & safety.
What you'll be doing:
- Working on fixed plant on Water and Waste Water Treatment sites to fault find, repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment including pumps, gearboxes and specialist treatment process machinery
- Manufacturing and fabricating parts and equipment
- Using Breathing Apparatus and working in confined spaces if required
- Working with other disciplines in a workshop/mobile team
- The development of new skills both in and outside of your core discipline
- Following the business and departmental rules associated with workflow and management
- Working in a manner that keeps you and those around you safe
What we are looking for:
- A completed apprenticeship in a relevant technical discipline
- ONC/HNC or equivalents in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Ability to deliver an effective maintenance service in both workshop and site environments
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver within tight deadlines
- Must have a full driving license
- Willing to be part of a standby/callout rota
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 June 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Mechanical Craftsperson - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.