Customer Service Specialist (4001)
Bournemouth, England /
South West Water – Domestic Customer Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you a passionate about great customer service?
Are you looking to progress your career with a company that prides itself on its people?
Are you a problem solver who puts the customer at the heart of all you do?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Customer Service Specialist to join our CARE team working in Bournemouth. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £23,074 per annum plus a range of excellent company benefits and development opportunities.
About the role:
In this exciting role you will beworking in a fun, rewarding and fast paced customer service environment. On a day-to-day basis you will be the voice of our company by speaking directly to our customers to discuss the outstanding balances on their account and responsible for resolving customers’ queries quickly and efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking ownership of customers issues, relieving customers stress while guiding them to a quick and easy resolution
- Showing initiative in offering a bespoke service based on customers individual circumstances
- Identifying future problems and solving the customer’s initial query and proactively identifying any future benefits or requirements the customer might have
- Developing a comprehensive grasp of disengaged customer’s circumstances to enable an appropriate payment arrangement and affordability plan to be agreed, or to highlight the ramifications of non-payment
What we are looking for:
- Good standard of education with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Excellent communication skills
- Forward-thinker who shows initiative and takes ownership
- Open and honest demeanour, sincerity whilst remaining tactful
- Friendly and socially confident
- Good standard of IT skills
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 June 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Customer Service Specialist - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.