Network Maintenance Technician (Exeter - 131_21)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you want to work for a large, local employer offering you a stable career?
Are you looking for a hands-on role where no two days are the same?
We have an incredible opportunity available for a Network Maintenance Technician to work for one of the South West’s largest organisations, based in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 - 29,000 per annum in line with company progression scheme plus standby & overtime opportunities.
About the role:
As a Network Maintenance Technician, no day will be the same in this exciting role where you will provide high quality customer service and maintain strong relationships with various key stakeholders. You’ll use your skills, knowledge and experience to provide crucial operational maintenance on assets such as service reservoirs, prvs, general maintenance to sites & buildings also support activities within the Network Service Delivery teams. The team are scheduled to participate in the Distribution standby and call out rotations and this is something that you need be signed on to do once competently trained.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that the Health, Safety & Security policies and standards are adhered to at all times
- Undertaking maintenance tasks on all Network assets and premises to ensure they are maintained, serviceable, and operationally efficient
- Working in accordance with all associated QMS procedures and ensure an awareness level of them is maintained through self-learning/understanding
- Being aware and compliant with all requirements to protect the environment as a consequence of maintenance activities
- Supporting the effective delivery of supply interruption mitigation techniques - active involvement in planned and reactive deployment in and out of hours
- Supporting and undertaking such other activities needed within the Water Distribution network to ensure its operation
- Carrying out all tasks in such a way that contamination is prevented and understanding what action to take in the event of contamination or a suspected contamination
- Participating in standard standby and call out rotas as necessary to maintain the effective delivery of Drinking Water Service
- Undertaking, at all times, the provision of good relations with customers, public authorities, other bodies, and colleagues by working within the required levels of customer service
- Service reservoir cleaning, confined space entry required
What we are looking for:
- Full UK B driving license, B+E (Desired)
- Good general standard of education with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- EUSR Water Hygiene Certificate (Desired)
- Proven experience of working within a water supply environment
- A demonstrable capability to maintain buildings and structures
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
- Previous experience working on own initiative and/or working as part of a team
- Proven experience of providing high quality internal and external customer Service
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Network Maintenance Technician - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.