Leakage Field Analyst (4375)
Torbay, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you want to be part of a high-performing team with a drive to succeed?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Leakage Field Analyst to join our team based in Paignton. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £21,701 – £28,582 per annum plus excellent benefits.
You will be an integral part of the team delivering strategic planning of leakage detection activity to achieve the AMP7 commitment of a 15% reduction in losses. You will be required to assess current methods of operating and support in the development of improvements and efficiencies at an operational level.
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring active DMA leakage packages (flows, pressure, detected/reported leakage) on a daily basis in order to inform the Leakage Team Manager of potential opportunities to reduce water loss and increase performance and efficiency of field teams
- Undertaking the day to day analysis of data from lift and shift and fixed network acoustic logging assets ensuring timely, consistent and accurate information is communicated to leakage technicians
- Ensuring leakage related datasets within the corporate leakage reporting system are maintained in an accurate, repeatable, and auditable manner
- Working closely with the local Kier planning and repair functions to ensure work promotion is at the desired quality, dry hole recovery is effective, reactive leakage outbreaks are highlighted and leakage work is prioritised on a fair and consistent basis
- Ensuring accurate records of leakage detection equipment, maintenance activity and materials are captured and communicated to the central leakage process team for an update on the master leakage inventory
- Updating the corporate GIS system with amendments generated by leakage field resources
- Apply an understanding of water balance components to identify potential sources of unaccounted for water in DMAs
- Providing assistance and support to the leakage area manager in resource management and planning including field activity work order generation and tracking
- Ensuring health and safety policies, standards and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Undertaking standby duties in accordance with rota; ensuring actions are taken in accordance with Company Emergency Procedures
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, standards and procedures at all times
What we are looking for:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- ONC / City and Guilds in relevant subject or NVQ Water Distribution Control Level 2 standard of competence or HNC / Water is desirable
- Experience of interpreting data to inform decisions
- An understanding of Management Systems as evidenced by practical examples of use
- Experience in the Water Industry preferably in the field of leakage detection/management (desirable)
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return as our Leakage Field Analyst, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing: Sunday 10th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.