Digital Customer Service Representative (126_22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Domestic Customer Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Do you want to help shape our social presence? Are you committed to delivering excellent customer service?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our fast-paced Customer Service Digital team in Exeter. We manage our company pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram whilst also connecting with customers through WhatsApp and Web Chat platforms.
In this role, you’ll be the voice of our company, responsible for solving customer’s queries quickly and efficiently. You will talk to our customer through a variety of communication channels, although primarily your focus will be dealing with customers via digital channels such as LivePerson (our online webchat service) and Sprout Social (our Social Media platform)
In return, we’ll support you with training, provide opportunities to build close relationships with our Pennon Media Team, and we’ll have fun developing our social presence to give the best experience for our customers!
You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £23,010 per annum plus excellent benefits, development opportunities and a range of brilliant, localised incentives.
Working 37 hours per week, the role requires working on a fully flex rota basis, including every 2 in 4 Saturdays
Rota Schedules are always published well in advance and you can always speak with your colleagues to organise shift swaps where necessary
Our operating window is:
Monday to Sunday 07:00 – 22:00 (including bank holidays)
What you'll be doing:
- Respond to customers on our social media platforms in a timely and effective manner
- Providing Live Person coverage and acting as an assistance point to offer resolution to customers and colleagues
- Explore social media groups to offer any additional support and guidance
- Work with other areas of the business to resolve customer issues
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of and experience of working on social media platforms
- Excellent customer service experience, with proven abaility to manage difficult conversations
- Good general standard of education with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Experience in brand representation on digital platforms
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving and cost-effective decision-making skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office to complete daily tasks
- Evidence you can work under pressure, delivering within timelines
- Self-motivation with an aptitude to continuously learn
- Demonstrate you can work as part of a team to achieve team goals
- Adaptable to change in a flexible, fast paced working environment, working well as part of a team
- Forward thinker who shows initiative and takes ownership
- Advocate of Innovation
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Localised incentives and weekly recognition
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free car parking
- Subsidised on-site Costa
- Financial support services
- Coaching, training and development opportunities
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Digital Customer Service Representative - we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 03 July, 2022
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.