Drinking Water Network & Customer Services Technician (4063)
Plymouth, England /
South West Water – Operations - Drinking Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a career in the South West, with endless opportunities for development? Do you want a job where you are solving problems and helping others?
We currently have an opportunity available as a Drinking Water Network And Customer Services Technician to join our team working in Plymouth. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 per annum with a rise to £25,000 on completion of the level 2 progression scheme, plus excellent benefits.
About the Drinking Water Network And Customer Services Technician role:
You will be responsible for undertaking network operation duties and ensuring you always provide safe and outstanding service to our household and non-household customers, regulators and wider business around the clock.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring that you take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of everyone around you – the safety absolutes are central to everything you do
- Undertaking all necessary operational duties within the water distribution system and providing industry leading customer services
- Understanding and putting into practice hydraulic principles so the network is calm at all times so service outcomes relating to network performance and customer services are at the forefront of all you do
- Effectively using work management tools to efficiently action scheduled and reactive work and provided timely and accurate feedback
- Understanding what you do may have an impact on the environment and what you must do to mitigate such impacts
- Providing supervision and advisory support to maintenance crews
- Striving to remove water supply interruption (SI) events – taking an active involvement in planned and reactive use of SI mitigation techniques and equipment
- Supporting and undertaking such all other activities needed within the Water Distribution network to ensure its effective operation
- Participating in defined shift working and/or standby rotation
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of a GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English, Maths and a Science
- Proven experience of working within a water supply environment
- Proven experience of providing high quality external and internal customer service
- Good organisational skills, self motivation and the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return as our Drinking Water Network And Customer Services Technician, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Sunday 10th July 2022
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.