Service Technician (91_22)
Exeter, England /
South West Water – Operations - Waste Water Services /
At South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
We’re proud to be responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area.
And we have huge ambitions.
Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
Are you looking for a hands-on role where no two days at work are the same?
Do you want to work for the South West's largest employer?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Service Technician to join our team working in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
About the role:
As our Service Technician, you’ll have responsibility for handling and interrogating alarms coming from our drinking water & wastewater networks, monitoring the welfare of our field staff, handling contacts from the emergency services, whilst ultimately providing a fantastic service to our stakeholders and customers. The action never stops 365 days a year, meaning this role involves a 24/7 shift pattern.
Shifts will include:
Please note, you must be available to work on a 24/7 shift pattern with a flexible approach 365 days a year. These shifts will include:
· 06:00 – 14:00
· 14:00 – 22:00
· 22:00 – 06:00
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and triaging site alarms through the use of the company alarm handling system, and field lone worker alerts in accordance with company policy
- Analysing data and trend information on the alarm handling system
- Raising jobs and passing to operators or field depots
- Logging operators on and off our sites via phone contact
- Handling contacts from the Emergency Services and Environment Agency, logging information and taking necessary action
- Developing and maintaining team relations with other staff, Managers and Stakeholders
- Communicating clearly with our stakeholders and other team members, giving detailed shift handovers
- Handling customer contacts out of hours from 10pm-7am
- Prioritising workloads and handling high volumes at peak times
- Providing support to the Alarm Team Manager through participation in tasks additional to daily duties
What we are looking for:
- Good general standard of education with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Experience of prioritising workloads
- Geographical knowledge of the South West
- The ability to interrogate and analyse information
- Resilience and the ability to stay calm when under pressure
- Experience of working in an office type environment
- Awareness of the need to comply with agreed business processes
- Experience of handling high call/work volumes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of data handling and investigation
- IT literate – Microsoft Office and in-house company bespoke systems
- The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
What's in it for you:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of Group Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th July 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Service Technician - we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
· Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
· Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
· Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
· Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.