Product Design Manager
Product – Design /
CDI - Permanent
Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment?
Do you feel like our Product Principles are aligned with your Product vision ?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you — and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs.
We help business owners get rid of the time consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance, while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions.
Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 2 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more...
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 300+ happy Pennylaners (180 of them on the Product & Tech side) : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on Glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 33 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of thousands of customers and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
Design at Pennylane
Design sits at the centre of this mission and its purpose is to deliver a seamless, accessible and enjoyable experience for our users. Our team of 20+ product designers work across different tracks that are divided into cross-functional squads each consisting of Engineering, Product and Design. Autonomy, trust and transparency are the key values upon which our culture is built, this is directly reflected in how our designers operate on a day-to-day basis. At Pennylane, designers are expected to actively contribute all the way from defining the problem space, to research and testing.
We are seeking a Product Design Manager, for our Accounting track, with a strong strategic and analytical mindset who has extensive experience working in complex B2B product environments. You will have the opportunity to mentor, coach and lead a team of talented designers in our accounting track to ensure our partners have the best user experience possible.
For this role, we are looking for individuals who are happy to:
- Lead product design teams in B2B organisations.
- Identify strategic UX opportunities that will help our accountants become more productive and drive these forward with your product and engineering peers at track level.
- Orchestrate user research with product leads and your team to understand the behaviour, needs and wants for our most important accounting partners and convert it into actionable insights.
- Continuously contribute expertise back to the business in the form of insights and best practices for our accounting users.
- Enjoy discovering and solving complex problems through data and insights.
- Have experience fostering an inclusive, open, and engaged design team culture.
- Comfortably communicate around future design directions with senior stakeholders, including founders and inspire positive actions within their team.
- Have a collaborative approach. Having experience working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers, valuing feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Communicate in both French and English on daily basis.
WHAT you can expect from your role at Pennylane:
- You’ll learn everything about our company, our teams and our vision during the first onboarding week.
- You’ll get acquainted with the people you will work with : the Design team, leads within your track, and of course, our users.
- You will start to feel comfortable within the Accounting track and your team scope (5 Designers).
- You'll scale and level-up your team of 5 product designers. You will partner closely with other design leaders, cross-functional partners, and HR partners to hire, develop and retain design talent in alignment with the growth trajectory of our organisation.
- You'll identify strategic UX opportunities that will help our accountants become more productive and drive these forward with your product and engineering peers at track level.
- You'll orchestrate user research with product leads and your team to understand the behaviour, needs and wants for our most important accounting partners and convert it into actionable insights.
- You'll continuously contribute expertise back to the business in the form of insights and best practices for our accounting users.
- You'll help your team balance speed, quality, and design consistency, always focusing on customer impact and business goals.
- You'll be shaping and establishing design processes. By driving design best practices, you'll enable more significant impact and efficiency across the team.
- You'll be working very closely with our lead product designer on the accounting track to define the bar for design quality.
- You'll be portraying strategic vision and seeing the changes you have brought to the teams.
What we do to make your work life easier
🏢 You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Europe, as long as your contract allows you to
💵 You’ll have a compensation package
📈 You'll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you're building with us
🏡 You’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a coworking space whenever you feel like it
⛹️Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness
🇬🇧 You’ll have access to Busuu to perfect your english or your french
💻 You’ll get the latest Apple equipment
🎉 You’ll be part of a vibrant social community : we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing...), we love to hang out and have a drink together (Thursday afterwork drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing. Twice-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went to enjoy the late summer in Provence - and it was fabulous !)
And.. If you're based in France :
🏢 You’ll be able to work fully from your home or any co-working space in France, or from our wonderful office in the center of Paris
🏝You’ll get 10 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year
🍜 You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day
🏥 You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
We're working on providing those last advantages to our people based outside of France as well, but it can be quite more complex depending on different countries.
What does the recruitment process look like ?
- You will first have an initial call with Alina Gunina (Talent Acquisition) - 30 mins
- Meeting with the accounting track team - 1h
- You'll have a call with Fredrik Saadawi-lammers (Head of Design) and Emmanuel Hosanski (Lead Product Manager) or Lucas Pion (Lead Product Designer)
- You'll have a final call with Tancrède Besnard (CPO) - 30 mins
- And finally you will have to present a strategic task and allocate time for any final questions
We make sure we move fast ; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.