Product – Product Management /
CDI - Permanent
Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment?
Do you feel like our Product Principles are aligned with your Product vision ?
Are you able to communicate in both French and English ?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you — and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs.
We help business owners get rid of the time consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance, while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions.
Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 3 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more...
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 350 happy Pennylaners : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 4,9/5 rating on Glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 26 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 30% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of more than 50 000 companies and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
WHY this position is of utmost importance to reach our mission
While some companies count on marketing and sales to gain market share, we are a product-led company and are investing primarily in our platform. You’ll join a team with a highly strategic role and a great opportunity to put your skills and ideas to a good use.
HOW you will contribute to the company as a PM
As a Product Manager, you’ll be part of a 40+ people Product organisation, supported by an engineering team of more than 110 people.
- You’ll spend an extensive amount of time continuously discovering the users and their pain points. You will interview them, conduct user research and get your hands in our data platform to gather insights on what needs to be solved.
- With those insights and with the company’s objectives in mind, you’ll be empowered to define your OKRs and your roadmaps, to have the strongest possible impact on solving user problems and reaching the company's objectives.
- You’ll work hand in hand with a Product Designer dedicated to your squad, as well as a team of Product-centered engineers. You will start with small steps (we like the MVP approach!) and will follow-up on the implementation and future iterations. For us, achieving a common goal matter more than just building features.
WHAT you can expect from your life at Pennylane
Within one month
- You’ll learn everything about our company, our teams, and our vision during the first onboarding week
- You’ll familiarize yourself with the product and the accounting industry (You will have access to a lot of documentation and will assist to trainings organized by your peers)
- You’ll get a very deep knowledge of our Product organization, methods, and culture
Within 3 months
- You’ll have imagined and implemented your first solutions, hand-in-hand with Product Designers and Engineers
- You’ll have impacted positively at least one OKR
- You will have setup your continuous discovery routine and will be ready to build your roadmap
Within 6 months
- You’ll be autonomous at defining your OKRs and your roadmap
- You’ll keep having a strong impact via iterations on the solutions you've shipped
- You’ll share your learnings and best practices within the team
And beyond : The product team will double in size in two years.
Which means you’ll have :
- Multiple opportunities to recruit and mentor new PMs
- Increased responsibilities in project leadership
- Responsibilities to think of and implement new processes, tools and best practices to make sure that your team works even smoother
What do we do to make your work life easier
🏢 You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Europe, as long as your contract allows you to
📈 You'll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you're building with us
🏡 You’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a coworking space whenever you feel like it
⛹️Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness
🇬🇧 You’ll have access to Busuu to perfect your english or your french
💻 You’ll get the latest Apple equipment
🎉 You’ll be part of a vibrant social community : we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing...), we love to hang out and have a drink together (thursday afterwork drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing. Twice-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went on a trip to the French Alps and it was fabulous !)
And.. If you're based in France :
🏢 You’ll be able to work fully from your home or any co-working space in France, or from our wonderful office in the center of Paris
🏝You’ll get 10 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year
🍜 You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day
🏥 You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
We're working on providing those last advantages to our people based outside of France as well, but it can be quite more complex depending on different countries.
What does the recruitment process look like ?
- You will first have a general chat with a Talent Acquisition Manager (30 min)
- You’ll then pass a live case study with 2 PMs from our team (1h15)
- You’ll then have a discussion with 2 other members of our Product team to assess the fit and the Product culture (45 min)
We make sure we move fast ; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Who are we looking for ?
You may have noticed that there was no section listing the skills or qualities required to apply for this specific job. Researches have shown that some people are less likely to apply than others, if they don’t feel like they meet the full list of criteria. So we have decided to take it down entirely.
We have tried to give you as much details as we could about the purpose, missions and environment of this role; it is now up to you to tell us if you think this is a position in which you could a) have fun and b) bring value to our company.
If you’re hesitating, we encourage you to apply anyway: worst case scenario, you might lose a few minutes, and in the best case, it will be the start of a meaningful and long-lasting collaboration.
We also want to emphasise that we fully embrace diversity and that we’re doing our best to create a safe and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, disabilities, or any other traits that make you who you are. If anything, diversity makes us a more fun place to work at.
To end with a humble illustration of our commitment, we’ve recently signed the Pacte Parité to set concrete goals in building a better and more inclusive workplace in the years to come.