Head of Customer Success
London, UK / EMEA (Remote 🌎 in +3/-3h CET) /
Go to Market – Customer Success /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We're looking for a Head of Customer Success to lead our customer-facing team and deliver a phenomenal customer experience. We Champion the Customer, and our customers’ experiences with both our product and our team sit at the heart of what we do.
The role 💬
As our Customer Success leader, you’ll lead a multidisciplinary team to ensure that every Pento customer has an amazing experience. You’ll look after not just our Customer Success Managers, but also our Support team, Onboarding team, and Advisory team, and knit together a scalable and holistic way to bring to life the full value that Pento can offer.
• Defining the direction for Customer Success, and being an active member of the leadership team
• Working collaboratively with other teams (e.g. product and sales) to ensure we provide a consistently high-quality experience for our customers
• Being the customer's voice internally
• Being an active external advocate for Pento, our platform, and our technology
Goal setting and process building
• Owning our customer's journey, all the way from managing onboarding to preventing churn, with a focus on scalability, product adoption, and customer experience
• Developing and implementing processes and systems, providing a means for effective performance management
• Identifying the highest value drivers to increase our customer's satisfaction, and presenting recommendations to prevent early churn signals
• Implementing processes to maintain low response times, ensuring customer issues are escalated through the right channels, and orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
• Building and leading a high-performing Customer Success team
• Leading our other managers in the CS team, as well as getting hands-on as and when required
• Being the subject matter expert in the Success team by keeping up to date with the latest best practices and tools
Your experience ✨
- You have proven experience in a similar position
- You have experience leading a CS team in a rapidly growing SaaS business, especially those with scaled models and large numbers of customers
- You have a deep understanding of the value and the customer’s perspective and can communicate this clearly both internally and externally
- You have a proven ability to challenge, influence, and do things differently with positive business benefits
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and are able to navigate through it with perseverance, and with a positive attitude
- You're a results-driven leader who coaches, develops, and inspires others to excel
- You're pragmatic and results-oriented - able to take ownership and execute tasks as well as able to delegate projects
- You're a thoughtful and effective communicator, able to tailor format and content based on your audience
- You're a creative thinker - you know all stages are different and do not try and fit out-of-box solutions
Working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan for our permanent employees, so you can all benefit from our success
• Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
• Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here 💜
Don’t worry about your past experience being a 100% fit; we know that’s practically impossible anyway! If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you resonate with the role and the impact it will drive, let’s talk.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.