Manager, SMB Sales UK
UK (Remote) /
Go to Market – Sales /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We’re looking for a Manager for our UK SMB Sales team to report into Diarmuid O'Driscoll & help us bring value to incredible companies in the UK.
The role 💬
As our AE Sales Manager (SMB), your key focus will be to build and manage a world-class team of Account Executives. This is an opportunity to lead and grow a team of talented individuals, who enable Pento to reach new customers.
You will ensure this team is consistently achieving their sales targets through training and personal development, hiring team members, and shaping their experience of working at Pento. You’ll also work effectively and collaboratively with the wider Sales team, Marketing, and Product to ensure that our sales process is world-class.
You will have in-depth knowledge and experience of the sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals yourself. You can lead by example and are excited about speaking with customers and understanding their pain points.
• Build and manage a team of Account Executives and develop and execute the sales strategy for the acquisition of new customers
• Ensure sales reps improve performance over time by providing coaching and direct feedback, elevating the team’s abilities to manage and close revenue
• Ensure our sales reps are experts in articulating our vision and are able to sell our value proposition, as well as overcome objections
• Motivate and manage the team effectively to achieve their targets
• Hire, onboard, develop and retain new sales reps
• Hold yourself and your team to an incredibly high standard
Collaboration and reporting
• Monitor productivity, produce management reports, and action on metrics and KPIs
• Monitor and understand key pipeline metrics to manage and accurately forecast team performance
• Work closely with the rest of the Sales team to improve opportunity management, and qualification processes, and lead conversion
• Refine a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for running and growing the team while continuously improving efficiency
• Build and continuously refine a repeatable playbook to rapidly ramp new hires
• Define productivity goals, objectives, and incentive initiatives that stretch and develop your team, ensuring they regularly exceed objectives
Your experience ✨
- You have experience growing hiring and developing a world-class sales team
- You have proven capability of operational excellence in the sales process and experience with high-velocity sales
- You’ve had a consistent track record of quota overachievement as an individual contributor
- You are a strong people leader — you are passionate about developing sales professionals into top-performing reps whilst driving revenue growth in a high-velocity business
- You are a numbers person. You know sales is a science and you are comfortable diving into the metrics and identifying insights to improve the individual, team, and overall revenue contribution
- You know how to use sales development systems and tools, and are not afraid of learning how to use new ones.
- You have a proactive mindset with strong organizational skills
Working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan for our permanent employees, so you can all benefit from our success
• Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
• Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here 💜
Don’t worry about your past experience being a 100% fit; we know that’s practically impossible anyway! If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you resonate with the role and the impact it will drive, let’s talk.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.